Wk #39: B L E S S E D

Sister Holmes for LIFE
 
 We got two new incredible investigators this week! Their names are Charline and Kerrol. Charline is from Haiti and she is amazing. When we talked to her on campus she told us that she was looking for a church! We met with her and had an incredible lesson on the Restoration of the Gospel and invited her to say the closing prayer. It was a BEAUTIFUL prayer, and so so sincere. We had the privilege of seeing her twice this week, and she is coming to church tomorrow!!
Kerrol is also super awesome. He and his twin sister go to FSU and he is just the sweetest ever. We met him on a bench on campus, and he was so excited to meet with us. We also had a very powerful lesson on the Restored Gospel, and his prayer was incredible as well. We saw him twice too! The second lesson we had with him, we invited him to pray to know if the Joseph Smith was a true prophet and if the Book of Mormon was true, and in his prayer he told Heavenly Father that he believed that all these things were true, and hoped that they were. SO POWERFUL! It was amazing. We are being SO blessed right now!

Antonio is also progressing so quickly!! Tomorrow we are going to invite him to be baptized on August 1st. I can't even explain how amazing our experience has been with him. I know that I was sent here to Tallahassee to teach him and be a part of his conversion! Pray for him!!

 
 
Yesterday we were on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders and it was quite the miracle day. I learned a very powerful lesson on faith, and one that I am eternally grateful for. Faith leads to miracles, and if you trust in Heavenly Father, your life will be filled with them.
There were a few times this week where I really thought I was going to die and have to be scraped off of the cement. We were in the low 100's all week, and boy. If there is one thing I have learned in this area it's that I can do extremely hard things with the help of my Savior and Heavenly Father. I seriously don't know how I made it home some days.

On a more funny note... SOMEHOW I have gotten Sister Rindlisbacher to trust me.. maybe a little TOO much. yes... She asked me to cut her hair. hahaha you guys. The only experience with cutting hair I have is a summer buzz on dad and hunter!!! She asked for a baby trim. That's not too hard, right?! Nah. Let's just say, when she turned around to see how much I had cut off, she about died of laughter. There were like 4 hairs on the ground. hahaha I am not experienced, but it's better to be safe than sorry! I ended up doing quite a nice job. ;) Ah, the missionary life.
 

Today I want to end with this cute Mormon message that just came out. how grateful I am that my parents knew that the LITTLE things are what matters. I'm grateful for the time spent individually with Mom and Dad to learn, and to love. I'm grateful for all the things I have been taught, and I'm grateful that I have been able to apply that on my mission. 
 

 
 
 
 

My challenge to you is to remember the little moments, because those moments are what matter the most.
 

Love to all!!
 
Sister Holmes :)

After the storm...


Amazing FSU stadium
Where in the crap do I live? ha ha ha....






 

No comments :

Post a Comment