Wk# 41: Be Still My Soul

FSU Missionaries before transfers
Words cannot even begin to express my gratitude this week!!! Minus all of the stress and anxiety of transfers, I have never felt so happy. :)

Speaking of transfers..... 

Big News.....

Last night with Sister Rindlisbacher
I GOT TRANSFERRED!!! 

Oh. I can't even explain the great devastation I felt to be leaving my FSU home. Tears, LOTS of tears for days. Not only to be leaving FSU, but to leave Sister Rindlisbacher! Pure devastation was going down in apartment 113. I felt like my heart had just been ripped out! BUT, Heavenly Father's plan is absolutely perfect, and I was very willing to go wherever my next calling was.

Hump Day! Transfer Day (Sis Rindlisbacher, Lexa, Sister Dillon, Sister Wood)
Sister Charles on her way home!
Interestingly enough, I had told Sister Rindlisbacher on Saturday that I was conflicted because when I was serving in Callaway, I KNEW that the work I was sent there to do had been completed. So, I knew I was going to get transferred, and I did. But, this time around I had so many mixed feelings. I felt like I wasn't the missionary that was supposed to be working with the investigators that we had (which broke my heart, because we had some INCREDIBLE people we were working with), but at the same time I didn't feel like I was supposed to leave the area. I wanted so so badly to stay in the ward and the district I was in. Then Sunday came and we received the dreaded transfer call.

Love Woody from Callaway! Saw him at the transfers location.
So, after some tears, I began packing my things (which I loathe by the way.... how do you accumulate so much junk!?) We had a crazy two days full of lessons and goodbyes, and more tears.... and then, it was wednesday. We left bright and early to head over to the church for the training meeting since cute Sister Rindlisbacher was going to be training (told ya she was pre-trained!) then after meeting all of the new missionaries (which by the way, I met Elder Andersen! Blake and Sue's son!) Sister Wood and I (the head sister training leader who was also on of the other sisters in my district) made the 2 hour trek over to Crestview for transfers. Her companion was getting transferred as well. Now, my anxiety level was about a 99.6 on a scale from 1-10. It was awesome. We waited and waited as the companionships were being announced, and then, all of the sudden....

Kimberly
FHE... 'We are CHAMPS!'
Sister Holmes, you will be serving with SISTER WOOD on TCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS!!!! I'm still a campus sister! Serving on Tallahassee Community College! Which MEANS.... I'm still in my same district, still in Tally, still around FSU's investigators, with Sister Wood who I have adored for two transfers now, and A HEAD SISTER TRAINING LEADER. Talk about an overwhelming calling and one I am extremely humbled by! And, talk about the greatest blessing EVER!!! I get to go on exchanges with the sisters serving on FSU! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY!! And yes, I have still been full of tears! Grateful tears!!! Heavenly Father is definitely aware of us! I'm extremely nervous about my new calling because I haven't even been a sister training leader, let alone a head STL. But I am looking forward to the challenges and growth that come along with it!

Xavier
And to make transfer day even greater... It was HUMP DAY!!!!! I can't believe I have been out nine whole months already! I feel like this is still my first transfer out. It was super fun though because in Crestview at transfers, All of my MTC sisters were there! So we got to celebrate our 9 month birthday together! We took a picture... but I have to wait for it to be emailed to me. I was SO happy though! Sister Wood and I also celebrated with some Panera for lunch :) 

Thickest southern accent award goes to Ryan
TCC is quite the adjustment, but I like it already. It's about a sixteenth of the size of FSU, so that's weird. I did get to chase some geese yesterday on the field though! My poor companion. hahaha I am super excited for this transfer and everything it has to bring!!! 

Also, it's the weirdest thing being in a place that doesn't celebrate Pioneer Day. 

That's all of the exciting news I have, but I'll leave ya'll with this:

"If you can’t be a pine on the top of the hill,
Be a scrub in the valley—but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
Investigators & Therese at Institute
Be a bush if you can’t be a tree.
If you can’t be a highway then just be a trail,
If you can’t be the sun be a star;
It isn’t by size that you win or you fail—
Be the best of whatever you are!

I give you my witness that I know by personal experience that, the more you serve the Lord, the greater are his blessings to you. There is no greater joy than being a builder in his kingdom. I challenge you with all of the great power and potential that is within you to be the best of whatever you are, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

Elder L. Tom Perry

I love you all SO much! and I love THE MISSION!

Peace and Blessins,

Sister Holmes :)







No comments :

Post a Comment