Week #2: Um, I Only Have 3 Days Left?‏

You guys. I can't believe this is my last email from the MTC! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?! This week has been incredible in every way. Incredibly tiring, incredibly eye opening, incredibly amazing, incredibly hard, but so so incredible. I have learned SO much about the gospel and about myself and I LOVE IT!

HUGE thank you to all of the letters from dearelder.com! I LOVE THEM! They are the highlight of my day, and I have LOVED hearing from you all! Just remember that after monday I won't receive those... so you'll have to write me actual letters!

We've taught many lessons, but there is one lady I have to tell you about. Her name is Lisa, (and no this isn't one of those pretend investigators.) She is the SWEETEST lady I have ever met. She's in her early 60's, single and so golden. Our lessons with her have been the most spiritual experiences I have ever been through. She is SO CLOSE to accepting the gospel, and I wish I could express in words how amazing it has been to see her change and grow! PRAY FOR HER! If I could stay at the MTC longer just for her... I would. 

The chocolate milk... UM I'M GETTING FAT. Just kidding. But really, it's a serious problem. I've had to try really hard not to get it at every meal. hahaha But good news! I've actually gotten to the point where I drink water constantly! WWHHAATT! My life is changing. haha

Classes are amazing, and I have never loved studying scriptures as much as I do now. There are so many wonderful blessings that come from it, and I wish I would have been more diligent about it before I came out here. But, I've learned and created amazing habits that have opened my heart and my mind so much. 

This week has seriously been a blur... so I'm sorry that this email is all over the place! I can't remember what has happened! Just lot's of learning. We got to listen to Sister Rosemary M. Wixom at a devotional, Sister Brown and I were made Sister Training Leaders, and I am senior companion! The Elders in my district... I love them so much. We've all already planned our reunion trip. haha But I wish I could explain the friendship we all have, they truly have become my family and I love it. 

I'm short on time, but know I love you all and that I KNOW that this is the true church. I'm so excited to head out to Florida and teach!!! 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! 

Sister Holmes

 

No comments :

Post a Comment