Wk #35: Transfers...

Oh the week of transfers... stress, anxiety, nervousness, unwanted anticipation...

good thing I didn't have to experience that!

I'M STAYING AT FSU!!!!!

Sister Rindlisbacher and I are SOOOO excited to be staying here another transfer! We feel like we are just getting the hang of campus life! I could not be happier!!!

This week was a weird one. The first few days were so lloonngggg. But the rest of the week flew by! Once again, many hilarious memories were made, and that's why I absolutely adore my companion!

First of all it was about a million and nine degrees this week with the humidity level at about 327, and I thought I was going to kill over. Multiple times. But I'm still alive, so that's good! And it's not even August yet! Pray for me. haha

We found a ginormous cockroach in the Institute building. Oh my DISGUSTING. That's the first big one I've seen in my whole 7+ months! But, those who know my disgust with bugs will be proud to know that I caught the stinkin roach, let it outside, and squished it. All by myself. We also named him Lucifer. Little devil! What's he doing in the institute!

We also got to push a car out of the road. Yep. I should do that for exercise everyday.

We had quite the conversation with someone on campus that we had met a week previous. He is a total hippie.
It went like this:
"Hey! How are you doing?!"
"good. blah blah blah"
"that's awesome!"
"hey, can I get real with you guys?"
...so here we are, ready to hear that he isn't interested...
"yeah!"
"cool beans." ---turns and walks away.

what the! haha I guess you had to be there, but we stood there not really knowing what had just happened or where the middle of that conversation went. haha  campus people.

Also... guess who got transfered into my district! even into our appartment complex!...
Sister Rohwer and Sister Beal!! (sister beal was in the MTC with me!) how awesome is that!

On a spiritual note, we had quite the miracle this week!

A few weeks ago we met this kid, got his number, and wrote him down as a potential. And, I hate to admit it, but we kind of forgot about him. So then, a couple weeks ago, we run into him and he's like I thought you were going to text me! ... crap! so last week, we call him and set up a time to meet with him.

He comes, and we have an amazing lesson. We taught about how God is our Loving Heavenly Father and that the Gospel blesses families. he had amazing questions, and had such a desire to learn. He told us that his parents don't want him to stray from catholic, and that they are very serious about it, so he wanted to talk to them about it first because he doesn't want his relationship with his parents to change. We were super worried about it, but explained to him that there would be opposition because this is the true gospel. So, we finished up our lesson and watched him walk away, a little worried about the reaction to his parents. We said a faith filled prayer to soften the hearts of his parents. Then, we went on with our day.

So yesterday, we get a text from him saying that he has decided to meet with us, but is not going to let them know that or even talk to them about meeting with us because it's for the better! So... he TOTALLY is prepared! We are SO thrilled to work with him and are praying that he feels the spirit!

Once again, I love my mission, I love this gospel, and I love MY LIFE!!!!

Happy Saturday!!!!

And to end, I'd just like to let you know that the only three things you need to survive in the south is WD40, Duck tape and Prayer.

peace love and blessins!

Sister Holmes :)

No comments :

Post a Comment