Wk #37: An Uneventful Week on Seminole Ground

This week... where to even begin!
It was a SLOW week. It's the week in between summer semesters here at FSU, so there were VERY few people on campus! It was ssuuppeer hot and humid, so that made the days go by extra slow. All of our investigators were also home for this week before the next semester started, so it was quite the challenge! And on top of that I was sick all week. Gotta love the mission life sometimes!

But on a funnier/what the heck note, as we were walking around campus (on the hottest day of the week) we ran into a guy we had contacted a few weeks ago. The first time we met him he was trying to hit on us big time, so it was super awkward. When we saw him this week we were like, uh oh. So, he makes his way over and sparks up some small talk. He asked how our day was going, and we replied that it was a super hot day! He replied with... "Yeah. You guys look super sweaty." WHAT? haha who says that?! Glad to know we were lookin real good. haha

 I hit my eight month mark! Woo! Sister Rindlisbacher and I celebrated with birthday cake oreos. She hit her two month mark on the 15th. :) 

I said bye..again... to my sweet Sister Rohwer. She finished her mission this week! Oh, how I love her. It was such a blessing to serve by her again!

We also had the awesome opportunity to watch a little bit of the Track Play Offs for the Junior Olympics! It was so much fun! Those kids can run!!! 

Sadly, that's all I've really got this week! Like I said, it was a rough one! 

But I will leave you with a little part of my studies this morning. :)

President Gordon B. Hinckley once said, "The happiness of the Latter-day Saints, the peace of the Latter-day Saints, the progress of the Latter-day Saints, the prosperity of the Latter-day Saints, and the eternal salvation and exaltation of this people lie in walking in obedience to the counsels of...God." 

We can gain HAPPINESS, PEACE, PROGRESS, PROSPERITY, ETERNAL SALVATION and EXALTATION all by just being obedient! So, I would like to ask you: Are you being obedient to the counsels of God? Are you magnifying your calling? Are you attending your church meetings? Are you studying the scriptures and church material we are so blessed to have? Are you applying those things into your life? If not, do you want the things listed above?
Sometimes we think it easier to change God's counsels to apply to US, but we need to change our lives to apply to GOD. It'll be easier, and MUCH more rewarding in the long run.

I love ya'll and I am extremely grateful for all the love and support!

Until next week,

Sister Holmes :) 





No comments :

Post a Comment