Wk # 49: CHOOSE to Believe.

Another week! WHOO!

First of all, HUGE thank you to all who have shared their testimonies with me! What a HUGE blessing it has been!!

Second of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my old man!!! LOVE YOU DAD!

Nothing super exciting happened this week, we went on two exchanges with our sisters, one to Crawfordville, FL and one to the other side of Tallahassee. They were super good! I got to work with one of the new sisters in the mission, and she is awesome. I love the greeny fire! 
We had some really great lessons this week, got a few new investigators, and have been praying really hard for the investigators we already had. Satan is workin over time on those poor people!! But, they are all doing good. :) 

In one of our lessons this week, we were teaching a guy named Johnnie who we have been working with for about a month now. We always have the same member with us because they are buddies, and we hadn't seen them for a while. It ended up being an awesome lesson, and at the end Johnnie said, "Ya'll are my squad. My G squad. My God Squad!!" it was super funny! So now Sister Wood and I are the "God Squad" haha it was awesome.

It's been pretty hot again this week, 98* today in fact! But I hear it's coolin off in the west, so I'm hopin it starts making it's way over here!

This email is super lame today, my apologies! Really, nothing too exciting happened!

OH! Sister Wood and I do get to go on a secret mission though!!! Okay, not secret, but we get to take a roadtrip across the mission to help with some emergency transfers, so we are PUMPED!!! 

Also, for FHE the singles ward played quidditch. GREATEST THING OF MY LIFE! It was beyond hilarious!!! I unfortunately was in a skirt, so I couldn't play, but oh how I wish I could have! next time... 

I ate my my first pumpkin doughnut of the year this week. I LOVE THE FALL.

I also ate crappy lasagna and gag worthy salad dressing with dog hair on the table. the south for the WIN! haha 

But today I want to leave you with a little snippet of Elder L. Whitney Clayton's talk, Choose to Believe, from last general conference. I studied it this morning and LOVED it. It goes along with one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 17:13 (shout out to my girl Sister Rohwer!)

"Every day each of us faces a test. It is the test of our lifetimes: will we choose to believe in Him and allow the light of His gospel to grow within us, or will we refuse to believe and insist on traveling alone in the dark? The Savior provides His gospel as a light to guide those who choose to believe in and follow Him... There may be times when we have been hurt, when we are tired, and when our lives seem dark and cold. There may be times when we cannot see any light on the horizon, and we may feel like giving up. If we are willing to believe, if we desire to believe, if we choose to believe, then the Savior's teachings and example will show us the pathway forward... Belief and testimony and faith are not passive principles. They do not just happen to us. Belief is somethings we choose--we hope for it, we work for it, and we sacrifice for it. We will not accidentally come to believe in the Savior and His gospel any more than we will accidentally pray or pay tithing. We actively choose to believe, just like we choose to keep other commandments... We..must give place for the hope that we will find spiritual light by embracing belief rather than choosing to doubt. Our actions are the evidence of our belief and become the substance of our faith. We are choosing to believe when we pray and when we read the scriptures. We are choosing to believe when we fast,k when we keep the Sabbath day holy, and when we worship in the temple. We are choosing to believe when we are baptized and when we partake of the sacrament. We are choosing to believe when we repent and seek divine forgiveness and healing love... Sometimes progress in spiritual things can seem slow or intermittent. Sometimes we may feel that we have lost ground, that we have made mistakes, or that our best efforts to find the Savior are not working. If you feel this way, please do not give up--ever. Go right on believing in Him and in His gospel and His Church. Align your actions with that belief. In those moments when the light of your faith has dimmed, let your hope for the Savior's love and grace, found in His gospel and His Church, overcome your doubt. I promise that He stands ready to receive you. Over time you will come to see that you have made the best choice you could possibly have made. Your courageous decision to believe in Him will bless you immeasurably and forever."

 LOVE YOU! <3

Life is good and I am blessed. 

All my love, 
Sister Holmes

The MISH LIFE.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment