Wk #57: Touch Heaven

Hello my loves!

This week was so good. Like, so good! 

We taught some incredible lessons, found some incredible new investigators, and felt an incredible amount of the spirit! So, I guess you could say it was an incredible week. ;)

Crepes for Sister Evans' birthday!
We went on a couple exchanges this week, which meant... I got to go to FSU!! That place has my heart. I was so excited to go back :) We had a really good day there :) I got to see lots of familiar faces, so that was really fun.

Zone Training
We had Zone Training this week, and man. Was it powerful! Our zone is ROCKIN. Seriously. Every stinkin missionary is amazing. It makes my heart so happy! Sister Evans and I got to teach on how to have fun in the work. (Side note- due to our schedule the last week, we had ZERO time to plan. So we planned the night before and woke up early to finish it... Yup. Talk about anxiety!) You guys. It went AMAZING. Heavenly Father definitely provides. it was really fun, we had each missionary write down one embarrassing/awkward moment from their mission and put it in a bowl. We then had 3 sisters and 3 elders come up, chose one out of the bowl and act it out. Best game of charades I have EVER been apart of. Everyone LOVED it! We all got a good laugh out of it. 
An Artiste unveiled...

We had a Relief Society activity last night where one of the members in our ward (she's an art major) taught everyone to paint. IT WAS SO FUN. I now just want to paint all the time! 

Also, random moment of the week: I made Sister Evans laugh so hard that she peed her pants in the car. hahaha She had to feel the seat and make sure it wasn't wet! I about died. And she'll probably die if she finds out I said that! 

Now, some updates on the people:
Melissa is doing A-MAZING. Gah. I am so so proud of her. We had some really awesome lessons with her this week, and she is still good to be baptized on the 28th!! We are extremely excited!
Willie. haha he makes me laugh so hard. I wish I could record him and send ya'll the video. He's a hoot. But he is doing good as well. We were super bummed because he got called into work super last minute last Sunday, so he wasn't able to come to church. :( His baptism got bumped to December 12th, but he's still really excited!

Derek is out of this world. I can't even describe in words how grateful I am to be a part of his journey. He's one incredible kid. His baptism got bumped to the 12th as well, but he is solid, solid, solid. 

We have another investigator, Kaleel, that is REALLY close to setting a baptismal date! So keep him in your prayers!
Tally fogged in

Also, Andrew... that kid. haha Satan is workin over time on the poor guy! He STILL hasn't been confirmed yet. So pray that he'll make it this Sunday! It's been a stress of a situation. 
Also... guess who we got to teach last night!!! HANNAH!!!! Remember when Sister Wood and I taught Tira's mom and sister? We finally got to see her sister again! We were at Tira's dad's house this time, and man. My love for that family is UNREAL. They were so kind and fed us an incredible dinner, and it felt like I was at home. Cute little hannah just knows everything and has the cutest testimony in the world. Then, to top it all off, their sweet dad invited us over for Thanksgiving!! I about cried! Again, I'm so overwhelmed with gratitude that Heavenly Father put that sweet family in my life. 

This morning we had a lesson with a girl named Esther. It's FSU's homecoming today, so traffic was a mess. The scouts here use the church parking lot to earn money for the scouting program so the church lot was CRAZY. As people were driving in to pay for a parking spot, Sister Evans and I were waiting on the corner for Esther so she wouldn't have to pay. After a long while of waiting (she got lost), she finally made it, and we went into the Family History Center to have our lesson. This was quite possibly one of the coolest lessons I have ever been a part of. Why? Esther is deaf, and can't read lips. :) So, we got to have a silent lesson where the Spirit was the universal language. We had her watch the lesson taught in ASL on lds.org. We typed throughout our conversation. It taught me a very cherished lesson that it doesn't matter what words you use, how you say things, or what they say. All that matters is that you let the spirit teach them. You guys. It was SO POWERFUL. AND, she's coming to church and bringing her friends to her next lesson. How amazing is that! I had tears in my eyes. She also signed the closing prayer, and that was so so neat. 

I'm just super grateful for so many things!!!

Another highlight of my week was helping Errick do his family history. He's a recent convert and someone we work with. His family history is really difficult to do, and he hasn't gotten very far at all. We helped him a few nights ago, and after an HOUR of searching.. All the sudden we found one record that lead to like 4 names he can take to the temple!! The spirit of Elijah was crazy strong. It was SUCH a neat experience!

Gosh. I LOVE THE GOSPEL. I can't even say it enough!!! 

Most of you know how big I am on gratitude, and since we are nearing closer to the holiday of thanks I thought I'd leave you with this quote that I absolutely love by President Monson. 

“To express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven.”

I hope that we can all touch heaven this holiday season. I love you all!!!

the happiest sister in the field, 

Sister Holmes

ps- you gotta have a selfie every once in a while, right? ;) 








 

No comments :

Post a Comment