Wk# 59: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Man, the holiday spirit is in the air! I LOVE IT.

I hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Mine was SO good. Gah. I love the people here. Love, love love. 

But, before I get into all that, let's start at the beginning of the week!

Saturday after we emailed, we went home to clean, and started vacuuming. Our vacuum hasn't really been doing the greatest job lately, so sister evans took it upon herself to figure out why, and oh my gosh. haha we flipped the vacuum upside down and hair...  so.. much... hair... you can DEFINITELY tell it's been sisters in this apartment for a LONG time. so we cut the hair out (she did, it made me gag). There was so much that we joked about donating it to Locks of Love. haha SO BAD. 

Then on Sunday, I was having a little bit of a hard day, when all of the sudden there was a knock on our door! We opened it up to see our door decorated with cute fall leaves and happy quotes AND homemade BREAD!!! I about died. Tender mercies all up in here. No one even knew I was having a hard day. I love people. Plus it was my 13 month birthday. HOLLA. 

On Monday while we were on campus, we had gone into one of the buildings and saw our investigator Willie sitting with a group of people, so we went over to say hi to him. The group began asking us questions, so we explained that we were missionaries and talked about what we do. We then were all of the sudden getting made fun of (I didn't think anything of it) but we decided to leave. After we walked outside, someone yelled to us so we turned around and it was one of the guys in the group. He ran over to us and apologized, and expressed how much that bothered him. Then asked us what church we were from, then BAM! We were teaching him the Restoration, he LOVED it and he became a new investigator!!! There's always good with the bad!

We had a couple investigators at Family Home Evening which was HUGE! We can never seem to get anyone there for some reason. But it ended up being so fun, and they all loved it!

The we got 5... yes FIVE investigators to Institute... and it was a MIRACLE! The spirit was SO strong. Maybe because Tira taught? She's so good. I love her. 

Transfers were on Wednesday, which meant we got to drive to good ole' Crestview! I'm getting old. Every time we drive there my hips lock up. Those 3 hours get me. What is happening to me?! Anyways, I'm still with Sister Evans! YAY! There were lots of changes this transfer!

We taught Derek again this week. SO powerful. This kid is incredible. He told us that he is ready to be baptized, is excited for the priesthood, asked us about a MISSION, and wants to convert EVERYBODY. AH. I love him! The spirit was sooooo strong. I wish ya'll could meet him! December 12th people! It's going to be a great day!

Willie's baptismal date has been moved to January 2nd, and Melissa (who was supposed to be baptized today) was changed as well. Satan is REALLY working on her family. Keep them in your prayers!

Now, THANKSGIVING. It was SO fun!!! We started the day out by calling all of our sisters like we do every thursday, then made our contributions for Thanksgiving, then headed over to the institute to have lunch with all of our district, President and Sister Smith, the Wilde's, the Dalley's and some ward members who didn't have anywhere to go. There was SO much food. I made snicker apple salad (it was a HUGE hit! I was so happy!) I ate so much. We then played ping pong, fuse ball, and scrud. It was so much fun. Sister Evans broke her toe... so that wasn't fun, but she's okay. We've been playing doctor. haha Then that evening we went to Tira and Hannah's. I LOVE THEM. It was SO yummy! We had such a good time with them all! I love their dad. He reminds me a lot of dad! It makes me happy. My heart was so full of gratitude all day long. Seriously, so much happiness. 

I can't believe we are in this beautiful season. What a happy time of year to have everyone focused on the Savior! I want to leave ya'll with this bible video that we shared in a lesson the other day that REALLY hit me. I'm so grateful for the Atonement and the privilege of celebrating the birth and life of Jesus Christ.


I love each and every one of you and hope that you all have a WONDERFUL rest of your week!!! 

SO MUCH LOVE!
Sister Holmes :)






























No comments :

Post a Comment