Wk #62: Happy, Happy, Happy!

Can you believe Christmas is this week?! I sure can't!

I have been SPOILED ROTTEN. Thank you so much to everyone for the Christmas gifts and letters! I am definitely feelin the love.

We had our half mission Christmas conference this week, which was SO much fun! Yes, I PLAYED THE PIANO as a musical number. I played Mom's song, and then I accompanied Sister Evans. I was a nervous wreck, but they went well. :) My secret is now out in the mission. But, I definitely felt Grandma Dixi

Their "CHRISTmas" tree this year.
We played minute to win it games and had lots of yummy food and so many talented musical numbers! It was nice to relax for a little bit and have some fun. I LOVE THIS MISSION.

We went on two exchanges this week, and both times I was at FSU. It was SO much fun. The campus's are really dead right now due to the Christmas break, but miracles NEVER cease! We've had some pretty good moments this week. 

"The best mission dad in the WORLD!"
We had dinner with the Knudsen's this week! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Every time I leave their house I feel like I'm leaving my Utah home all over again. They are incredible. 

We taught some really great lessons this week! Nothing TOO exciting to report on. 

Derek is still doing incredible. He got confirmed on Sunday and has been on a spritual high ever since! He is preparing to receive the priesthood and wants to serve a mission! what an awesome guy! all of our investigators are progressing, and I'm as happy as can be! It's been getting REALLY cold here. It's starting to feel like winter! BRING IT ON!

Mission Momma!
OH! before I forget, so Saturday night we decided to go to the mall. We are having a great time, looking around, we go to find the other sisters in H&M, and boom. CHAOS. all the sudden CROWDS of people are SPRINTING and pushing each other into the store. I look up and Sister P and Sister V are running towards us panicked. They gate down the store, actually the entire mall. Come to find out, there was a gun shot in the mall. Talk about an anxiety attack! We were locked in the store for a good amount of time, talking to people about the Christmas initiative "A Savior Is Born", then we were finally able to exit from the emergency door to find that we couldn't leave the parking lot. There were helicopters flying around with spot lights, TONS of police cars, and lots of panicked people. We all got out safe, but it was SO SCARY. We've heard a lot of different stories about what actually happened, but all I know is that it was not something I want to experience ever again! 

Well, on that note! ;) haha I love you all so much and can't wait to SKYPE!!! WHOO HOO for technology!!!!!

"The Christmas season is a time to reflect and act upon the blessings and opportunities we have because of the birth, life, Atonement, and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. As our Heavenly Father “so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son” (John 3:16), we express our love toward one another and toward God and his precious Son by giving of ourselves."

I hope each and every one of you feels of the Christmas spirit this week and reflect on why we celebrate it.

I LOVE YOU!

Sister Holmes

Ice in Florida? Nah....
The RINDS.... love her!
Willie!
SOOO Tall!
Plain City represented!


No comments :

Post a Comment