Wk# 60: DECEMBER!

Mini van queens!
A chilly hello to all ya'll this fine Saturday morning!
Mission Leadership Conference

Raccoon anyone?
The temperature has finally decided to drop, and drop fast! We went from 80* to about 56* within like two days! It's FINALLY starting to feel like winter here.

Elder Inbody hanging with the Sisters
This week was a good one. A little harder than usual, but still full of miracles and tender mercies. 

Emailing on p-day
I have been so overwhelmed with gratitude and love for the investigators that Heavenly Father is trusting us with. We have SO many extremely prepared people that we are teaching right now, and it continues to change my life and my perspective. 

Some of the highlights of this week include:


>> What did I eat this week? RACCOON. Yep, you read that right! I had some good ole COON! (which is what the picture is) To compare it to a meat, it's like roast beef. Super interesting. I think I would have been okay eating it if I didn't know what it was. I could only eat a bite. haha Gotta love having investigators that love the woods!

>> We set TWO more baptismal dates!! Curel and Derrick! They are brothers, and wow. incredibly prepared young men. Curel is really special, and I have a neat connection with him. I LOVE THEM! Derrick and I also have a funny relationship. I love being a missionary! 

>> Once again, we had Curel at FHE which was HILARIOUS. He had SO much fun and the ward loves him so much! We had a less active there as well! And then for institute we had Curel, Derrick, Johnnie, Derek, and Kaleel! SO many awesome people. It was really neat because almost all of them participated a lot during class. 

>> We had MLC again this week. It's always SO good. Bishop Wells from the Callaway ward is now in our mission presidency, so that was way fun! I love that man. He helped me a lot. And he always makes me feel extra loved. Sister Evans and I were given huge compliments by both him and President Smith on our teaching skills. That made me feel really good! Hard work pays off!!

I have learned so much this week in my personal study and from our investigators. I am forever grateful for the decision I made to come on a mission, because I don't think I ever would have learned these things if I hadn't! 

I've been a little sick this week, so I'm hoping it doesn't turn into anything more. We've got an insane month ahead of us! "There's too much to do to get the flu!!" 

Derek is still on for his baptism on the 12th, which we are SO excited for!
We FINALLY got a hold of Andrew... now just to get him confirmed....

 I'm SO grateful to be out here and full of the Christmas spirit. What a perfect time to celebrate our Savior, to reflect on His gift, and to share that with others.  The First Presidency said, "Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is peace because we have found peace in the Savior’s teachings. It is the time we realize most deeply that the more love is expended, the more there is of it for others." 

If you haven't already, go to this website and watch the videos and explore. Christ truly is the reason for the season. 


LOVE YOU ALL!!!

XOXO,
Sister Holmes






No comments :

Post a Comment