Wk # 70: Then Sings My Soul

Hello from the one and only Tallahassee Florida Mission! 

What an incredible week! I know I always say that, but really. We are being SPOILED over here! I am so grateful!!!

This week started out in the ER. Yep, you read that right. The stinkin Emergency Room! 
Good Night Tally
Sunday morning I wake up and start getting ready for the day. I hopped out of the shower and went to pick out an outfit and was all the sudden on the ground in the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I quickly threw on some clothes and went out into the living room to Sister Evans. We immediately called our mission nurse who told me to wait it out for about an hour to see if the pain eased up any. I tried to take some Advil, but the pain was so bad that the nausea didn't allow me to take anything. So I tried sipping some water, and instantly threw it up. Literally feeling like I was going to die, we called the Elders to come give me a blessing. Heavenly Father told me to patiently endure through this trial, which made me a little nervous because I was in such incredible pain. After the hour had finished, we called the mission nurse back and urgently expressed that the pain was getting worse. Poor Sister Evans was a trooper as I was crying and rolling on the ground doubled over! So, we grabbed our stuff and left for the Emergency Room. Of course I had my Grandma D blanket and a mixing  bowl just in case. ;) We got to the hospital and barely made it in. The lady at the front desk was getting my info and trying to crack jokes that were far from humorous to keep me distracted from the pain. They pushed me in a wheel chair right back to a room where I then got my first IV and my first dose of morphine! What a strange morning I had thought. As the morphine kicked in I was finally able to calm down and I dozed in and out of sleep. During the long wait for the Doctor, one of the hospital workers came in and asked if I had a living will or if I would like one, and if I was going to need a feeding tube. What the?! haha Sister Evans and I just laughed. I ended up having some tests done, and all of it came back normal of course, so they sent me home with some pain and nasuea meds and told me good luck. What a trip! I was SO upset because we missed Curel and Derrick's confirmation and didn't make it to church until the last hour. We were in the ER for about 5 hours on Sunday. Luckily, we got to see Derek Terry get the Priesthood so that was so great! It was just such an interesting start to the week. 

On Wednesday the Wilde's took us out to dinnner! We went to Red Robin and it was so good! I love a good burger! It was fun getting to know them. It's still so strange that my biology/drivers ed teacher is serving alongside me, but they are outstanding missionaries and I love them both!

The rest of the week was full of miracles though! We met some more INCREDIBLY prepared people! To make it even better, Curel and Derek T came out contacting with us and were the ones who met some of them! It was awesome! They both felt a huge spark of missionary fire, and Curel even mentioned that he's been thinking about serving a mission :) Oh how I love them so much! 

We have a couple more investigators progressing towards setting baptismal date, and.......

BERKLEY GOT BAPTIZED TODAY!!!

You guys. It was such a beautiful day! The spirit was so so strong. Her boyfriend, Scott and her parents were there (all from Texas) and a few of her friends came to support her! She bore her testimony at the end, and I can't even express how strong the spirit was. She is such a choice daughter of Heavenly Father. Scott was able to baptize and confirm her today, so that made it even better!

I am so so grateful to be serving a mission. I wouldn't trade the world for this experience. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father called me to serve a mission, and I'm grateful that he gave the courage to to heed to that call. In my setting apart blessing I was told that my family at home would love me and support me, but that I would gain new family in the mission. Oh, the truth of that statement! These people are my heart, and this work is my life. No joy can be compared to what I feel right now. 

To my Heavenly Father, "how great Thou art, how great Thou art."

All my love, 

Sister Holmes
A windy day in Tally
Curel out doing missionary work
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment