Wk #77: "You can have what you want, or you can have even better."

This is Katy, and she is incredible! A new sister in the mission!
Happy Monday, Friends! 

Wow. What a bittersweet weekend it has been. 

Conference was PHENOMENAL. I had four questions, and each one of them was answered. The first being answered in the first five minutes of President Eyring's talk on Saturday Morning! What a tender mercy. The boldness in this conference blew me away. How grateful I am to have living prophets and apostles, the priesthood, and other worthy leaders of the church to council and help us! I'm also grateful for the FOUR new temples in the world! Shout out to Scott's mission (Quito!!!) how exciting for those beautiful people!!! 

One of my favorite quotes of this weekend was in Donald L. Hallstrom's talk. He quoted Elder Holland who said, "You can have what you want, or you can have even better." This stood out to me for a couple reasons, but the main one being that after ONE YEAR of serving in the Tallahassee 5th ward, I am being transferred. A broken heart and many tears later, I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me in Milton, Florida for my last transfer. Boy. What a shot to the heart that news was. But, I can stay here, or I can experience greater blessings, and that is what I'll do. I get to be with the beautiful Sister Carter who I adore, in a place that I have heard so much good about. :)

With that being said, here is my new address! I will be arriving in Milton on Wednesday. 

Sister Holmes
5471 B Mill Stone Circle
Milton, FL 32570

I told Sister Evans last night (no offense to you awesome people.. especially you mom..) that I think it is harder for me to leave Tallahassee than it was to leave home. In my setting apart blessing I was told that I would gain family out in the mission field, and that has definitely been the case. These people are my family and forever will be. 

Plus, Sister Evans and I have been companions for SIX MONTHS! what the! 

We had another great week full of miraculous lessons, new investigators and another bapismal date set! His name is TJ. He is really cool.

Well, that's all I've got for you today. Sister Evans and I are going Biking with Lloyd and then hopefully to the top of the captial building! 

I LOVE YA'LL!!!!!

Sister Holmes


The last district photo in tally!
Top from left to right,
Elder Jones, Bowman, Owens, Le Sueur, Radmall, Kent, Doberneck
Bottom left to right,
Sister Beal, Nielsen, Elder Beahan (district leader), Sister evans and ME!
Curel LOVES my lotion. He asks for some every time we see him. I'm going to miss him!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment