Wk #79: The Random Week


Sister Saunders!

Hola!!

It's about 20* in the computer lab today, so I may be missing a few fingers by the time I'm finished with this email, but it's worth it right?! We email at the Pensacola College (I just can't stay away from the campus life I guess!) 

Sister Carter
This week had lots of random moments. First of all, Sister Carter and I had had some appointments fall through one evening, so we went onto our back ups. We go to his family's home who we have never met before, but both felt like it was right. We get in, start talking, and find out that they had moved here from PLAIN CITY UTAH!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck?! I was speechless! They had been inactive out there, but knew a lot of people. It was the coolest thing ever. Definitely not a coincidence! 

We also got to go on exchanges this week with Sister Christiansen and Sister SAUNDERS! It was SO weird to talk about people we both knew. And come to find out, she was in seminary with Si AND Cade! She was telling me lots of funny stories. She's an incredible missionary. She blew me away!

We had to go take our car in for an oil change this week. We had planned an hour and a half because we had to travel a little distance to get there, WE WERE THERE FOR 4 HOURS... Talk about unexpected! It was cool though because one of the guys working there had met with missionaries for a year! He had an AWESOME discussion with him about the church. We then went to Panera for lunch while we waited for our car, and met another lady who had met with missionaries when she was in college! She's in her 70's now! It was so cool to meet so many people who had been previously prepared. 

We had a neat experience fining this week. We had gone to a former investigators home (he had only been taught twice). He answered the door and was so welcoming! We ended up being able to teach him the Restoration right then with his mom, and we committed him to a soft baptismal commitment! He was so excited. He said "I've never been baptized before, but I really want to be!" He's in his late 50's, so we are pumped about that! On the flip side, we tracted this home after a dropped appointment, and when the man answered I said we were from the church and he said, "well you've come to the wrong place." As he was shutting the door, I held out my hand and asked what his name was and introduced myself. My hand was extended out for an extremely awkward amount of time... he finally held out his fist, said his name, so I grabbed his fist and shook it! hahaha it was so funny. He wasn't interested. 

Like I said, it's been a random week, but it's been good. :) We had lots of dinner appointments, and have more coming up! We're super blessed!

I was reading the 1997 ensign this week, and came upon this little excerpt that I loved. 

President James E. Faust said, "Many of the saints, including President Wilford Woodruff, had heard the Prophet Joseph say, "Brethren I have been very much edified and instructed in your testimonies here tonight, but I want to say to you before the Lord, that you know no more concerning the destinies of this Church and kingdom than a babe upon its mother's lap. You don't comprehend it... It is only a little handful of Priesthood you see here tonight, but this Church will fill North and South America--It will fill the world... There will be tens of thousands of Latter-day Saints who will be gathered in the Rocky Mountains... This people will go into the Rocky Mountains;they will there build temples to the Most High." This prophetic statements has been abundantly fulfilled in every respect."

What a beautiful dispensation we live and serve in!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Love, Sister Holmes 

RIBS! The curse still lives, WHY DO I ALWAYS WHERE WHITE WHEN I EAT RIBS?!
Our appartment!
The ZONE!
The "Sister Missionary Pose"
the "Elder Thomas" (the pose that one of our zone leaders ALWAYS does. so we're making fun of him.)

No comments :

Post a Comment