Week #43: Lead Thou Me On

WHAT UPPPPP.

Things here in the south are hot, hot, HOT! August is a dreadful month, but all the green and spanish moss make up for that!

This week was a good week! I went on two exchanges this week with sisters in our zone and they were super awesome! We have some incredible sisters in this mission. I feel so so blessed to have the calling that I do so that I can meet so many of them and work with them!

Teaching has been a little rough this week. We have had SO MANY appointments fall through. So many. Like 85% of them. It's finals week, so we are blaming it on that. Rough though. That also means that school is officially out for these next two weeks, so we aren't exactly sure what we are going to do for the next 14 days, but Heavenly Father has something in store for us I'm sure!

Lots of little random things happened throughout the week though! 

-I fed a guinea pig (disgusting creatures) a carrot, then watched it pee on the KITCHEN TABLE. My focus in that lesson was difficult to keep... 
-On the way to Perry, FL for an exchange we passed a ranch called "Lick Skillet" ... Can you tell I'm in the south?
-I saw my first banana spider. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. 
-I ate broccoli and hated every second of it. Never again. I hope...
-Found out that Elder Dube of the seventy and Elder Munns of the area seventy are coming to OUR Sacrament Meeting tomorrow! So that's pretty legit!
-Also, Elder Nielson (who gave the talk "Waiting on the Prodigal Son at conference) and Elder Stanfill of the seventy are coming to the mission for a special conference. That will be in a couple weeks. I am super excited for that! We've been studying two atonement talks by Elder Bednar at request of Elder Nielson to be prepared, so it should be really really good!
-Sister Wood and I ate an ENTIRE large pizza by ourselves in fifteen minutes today. Disgusting or impressive? You tell me ;) We were hungry okay?!
-We had interviews with President Smith this week, and boy. Do I sure love him! He is one inspired man and I am SOO grateful to know him!!! Such an incredible guy. 
-Also found out that Sister Wood and I have to train on Family History at MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) on the 12th this week, gulp. pray for me!!

All in all, it was a wonderful week, and went by WAY too fast. But, time flies when you are havin fun I suppose!

I love ya'll and I'm so grateful for all the love! 
 
I have been LOVING this hymn lately, and testify of every word it says. I pray every night that Heavenly Father will "lead thou me on."

"Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene--one step enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that thou
Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
Lead thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.
So long thy pow'r hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile"

Have a happy happy week full of lots of blessings and memories!

MUCH LOVE!

Sister Holmes:)
 

No comments :

Post a Comment