Week #44: FAMILY HISTORY

HELLLOOOOO EVERYBODY!

Once again, what a WEEK! :)

Have I ever mentioned how much I LLOOVVVEEE being a missionary?! 
Because I DO!

This week was awesome. We spent the beginning of the week mostly prepping for a Family History training that we had to give at MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference) on Wednesday. It was a lliitttlleee stressful, but it ended up going SO well. The spirit of Elijah definitely filled my heart. I wish I would have gotten into Family History more before my mission! 

MLC was so much fun!! I got to see Sister Brown and Sister Christiansen (from my MTC group) there because they are SLT's too! It was so much fun! We went to lunch during the conference which was super fun. It was a fun 2 hour road trip there and back :)
Speaking of road trips, I have had a few questions about traveling with my new assignment! The answer is yes! We travel a little bit! We do have a car (BLESSINGS), so we go on 24 hour exchanges with 7 sets of sisters every transfer. So we go to Perry, FL (about an hour away), Crawfordville, FL (about 40 minutes away) 4 sets are in Tallahassee, and then one of the sets of STL's (the furthest is 4 hours away). It's super fun, it's awesome being able to serve in different areas and seeing different parts of the mission! 

Also, yes... the weather is still absolutely miserable! But, I'm still alive so I guess it's not THAT bad. ;) ONE MORE MONTH OF THE HEAT!

Campus is still really slow, but school starts back up a week from Monday, so we just have to get through one more week, and then it's going to explode! We are SO READY for it. 

Our investigators are struggling a little bit right now! We only have a few that are really progressing. We are working with a girl name Melissa who is SUCH a sweet heart. She just graduated from High School this year and is going to TCC this fall. We have taught her a few times, and we are so excited with her testimony that's growing! We are praying really hard that she will continue to recognize the truth of the gospel!
Another investigator, Ivy, is doing okay. She has come to church the past couple weeks and has really enjoyed it, but we haven't been able to get a hold of her this week. :( We're hoping she's just away before school starts.

Sister Wood and I get along super great. I love her :) I have definitely been blessed with awesome companions! We laugh ALL THE TIME. It's the greatest thing ever. 

And, as always, here are the random things that happened this week. :)

-I watched two lizards fight (which who knew that lizards were fighting creatures?!) it was bizarre.
-We got called "Mama Wood" and "Auntie Holmes" by the elders this week because we were driving the mission mini van to MLC and we drive it on our P-day so all of us sisters can go places together. We got a kick out of that!
-We ACCIDENTALLY left a set of sisters in Crestview at lunch during MLC. haha we felt SO bad. But don't worry, we went and got them :)
-There was a CRAZY thunderstorm yesterday. It was the worst one I have experienced out here! It was a little nerve wracking, but so awesome! I LOVE THE THUNDER HER. It's intense!
-On an exchange, we got interviewed by this random guy on camera. haha it was the weirdest experience in the world. 
-I burnt my elbow on the hood of a car. haha that's all that need to be said. 

All in all, it has been a wonderful week! 

I want to leave you with a video that we shared at MLC. It's a cartoon, but we loved it. 


Family History is SUCH a gift we have been given! I encourage you to get on familysearch.org and seek out your kindred dead. There is so much work to be done! Take them to the temple, help them receive the gift of baptism! There is nothing more sacred than serving those that you knew long before. 

I love you all, and I am so grateful for each one of you!!!

HAPPY SATURDAY!

All my love,
Sister Holmes :) 





 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment