Week #52: Another Week!

Happy October 10th!

This week has been a crazy one! We've been staying super busy, and I feel like we've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off, but that's okay, we're still alive and kickin!

On Monday we went to Wakulla Springs with the sisters in our district, and it was SO much fun!! It was GORGEOUS. I didn't want to leave! It's a very historic place, and I fell in love. We took a boat tour and got to see some manatee's and alligators!!! say what!! First of all, manatees are GINORMOUS. Second of all, gators are freaky. Talk about dinosaurs! I wouldn't want to be chased by one of them, that's all I'm sayin. It was way fun though, and it was super nice to be able to do something fun on P-day! 

This week also had a lot of funny moments :) 

-I was asked about my dating life, and then given advice.
-We were asked if we were high on marijuana... um... NO. The gospel is just that good! 
-I spent the night in Perry, FL... in a TRAILER... in the middle of the woods... Those sisters are troopers. While there I got eaten alive by sand gnats... What even are sand gnats?! I also opened the door to realize there was a snake, on TOP of the door, preparing to pounce on two baby frogs. Terrifying. I'm very grateful I live in the city.
aannddd...
-I butt called 911.. yeah.. oops! I'm cursed with butt calling people. It's really bad. haha

We also had some pretty awesome miracle moments. We found the most genuinely prepared kid on campus this week. We sat and taught him on the spot, and he felt the spirit SO strong. He asked so many incredible questions, and agreed with everything! His name is Derek and we are so grateful that Heavenly Father led us right to him!

It's been a really crazy week, and I know more happened, but I am SO brain dead today!!! But I'm super sad because Sister Wood leaves this week. :( We've been trying to get that all ready, and stuff. but all in all it was an awesome week, and I still love being a missionary :) 

To end, I want to bear testimony that this gospel is so true, and that as we continually seek the spirit, we will be led to where we need to be. I know that He is VERY aware of our heartaches, pains, frustrations and joys. He loves us and wants us to be happy, and all we need to do is allow Him to bless us. 

I'm so grateful. So so grateful.

Love all ya'll!!! 

Sister Holmes

and ELDER HOLMES! Welcome to the mission field!!! Happy Birthday Buddy!!!





No comments :

Post a Comment