Wk #55: I've Lost My Marbles.

Happy Halloween!
Happy Halloween!!!
YSA Ward Costume Winner

It took Sister Evans and I until 11:00am to remember that today was Halloween! Where has the month gone?! It's so weird to think that exactly a year ago, I was right where Cade is! Halloween in the MTC. I ate SO much junk that day. So fun!

This week I lost my marbles. All of them. My brain has officially turned to mush and I don't even know how to get it back! haha actually, I don't even know where to find time to figure out how to get it back! Too little time, so much to do! 

It was a roller coaster of a week. I don't even know if roller coaster is the right term.. bittersweet? I don't know. Lots of good, some bad, lots of miracles, and lots of stress!
"Look who I found!"

First of all, out of 26 planned lessons this week... 3 worked out. THREE! Talk about a rough week!
Sister Evans, Q, Sister Holmes

We went on two exchanges this week. I went to Crawfordville once again, and I about DIED! They've gone over on miles for the month, so we got to bike! Which, I'm totally down with. But whew! Am I out of shape! After 7 months of not riding a bike... we rode over TWELVE MILES..... uphill, against the wind, without water. I really thought death was around the corner. But hey! I survived, and that's all that matters right?! 

 Sister Evans has come to realize how jumpy I am and  LOVES to scare me. I keep telling her that payback is coming, but we get a good laugh out of it. :) 

Our singles ward had a super fun Halloween party on Thursday, and the turn out was awesome! Lots of investigators came, and the ward participation was so great! We had a lot of fun. I think I ate over 20 cookies.. but I don't think anyone noticed... blessing or a curse? Someone probably should have stopped me. 

Speaking of that... Every office chair that I sit in slowly lowers... is that a sign? Even the one I'm sitting on to email ya'll keeps going down! I GET IT. Layin off the cookies. ;)

Tonight our district is having a Halloween party since we have to be in early. We're pretty excited. I'm preppin to kick some you know what in ping pong and pumpkin carving. It's about to get REAL.


And, to save the best for last....

WE'RE HAVING A BAPTISM TOMORROW!!!! SURPRISE!!!!

Our investigator, Andrew, has had the lessons 3 times, and we've been working with him for a really long time. We had just set a baptismal date for November 7th, but things came up and so we moved it to the 5th. THEN, he met with bishop, and we all decided on tomorrow after church! I AM THRILLED. My heart is so grateful that Andrew finally get's to experience the blessings of baptism! He is the goofiest, most genius person, but man. I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to know that kid. He's really, really neat. What better way to bring in November than with a baptism? :)

Really though, what a blessing the gospel is. The power of missionary work has filled my heart and healed it from so many wounds. I'm eternally grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gives each and every one of His children the opportunity to find happiness and peace. My testimony of the Book of Mormon continues to grow, and the converting power it contains is what I consider the greatest power this earth has. I second the testimony of Elder Holland, and I will defend this gospel until the day I die. 


My personal studies recently have been extremely good. Ever since Cade left for his mission, I've received an extra dose of the spirit that has helped me more than I could ever begin to explain. Interestingly enough, the week he came out on his mission was the week I finally felt that I knew what I was doing and understood the work. What a tender miracle. I'm very grateful for you Elder Holmes!

I love you all SO much, and I'm again so grateful for the prayers you send my way. 
I'm still the happiest missionary out there. 

SO MUCH LOVE!

Sister Holmes :) 



 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment