Wk #66: M I R A C L E week!

Happy Weekend!!!
First cockroach of the mission... in the apartment, that is!

It was bigger then a penny! Gross!
I can't believe this week is already over! Where in the world is the time going?! I swear yesterday was just Saturday, but here I am, typing my little heart out again.

This week my testimony and understanding of faith and fasting has increased ten fold. This month, I put much more focus and preparation into my fast and have expected miracles everyday. Not only have I expected miracles, I have worked so hard to show that I am truly seeking strength from a fast. If anything, I have come to know that when we put forth every ounce of energy and effort, hard, vigorous effort, with a pure purpose in heart and mind, miracles fill your life. 

Not one hour, yes HOUR, has gone by this week that I have not witnessed a miracle. A beautiful, personal gift from my sweet Heavenly Father. 

First miracle? I received the most tender letter in the world from the one and only Elder Holmes. Thanks buddy! You have NO idea how much that meant to me!

This week we found 8 new investigators, all of which are out of this world prepared for the restored gospel. We more than doubled our lesson goals, and have managed to accomplish every teeny tiny task that has needed to be done. I am utterly exhausted, yet filled with the most indescribable energy I have ever had. What a journey this is!!!

We have the most incredible group of investigators right now, and I think I say that every time, but it's always true! There are a few in particular that I want to share with you though.

Berkely- Berkely was a media referral that we received with not a lot of information. So we quickly contacted her, and set up an appointment. Come to find out, her boyfriend of 7 months is a member and a returned missionary! She was floored by the way he lived and his actions and had a strong desire to learn why he was the way he was. So, he introduced her to the church. Not knowing where to start studying, she went to her boyfriend who gave her a Preach My Gospel... YUP. This girl has been studying PMG and LOVES it. So, we are teaching her (which honestly is just an awesome gospel discussion because she stinkin knows everything!) and it has been such a neat experience! We are hoping to set a baptismal date with her this upcoming week! YAY FOR MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK!

Christopher- He is THE SWEETEST. He has the biggest smile and is such a tender guy. I have such a soft spot in my heart for him. He LOVED the restoration, and I thought his jaw was going to fall off when we told him he could keep the Book of Mormon! 

Hunter- He is so funny. Like SO funny.. in such a strange way! Very smart and has overcome A LOT. He absolutely loves what we share with him. We read 1 Nephi 1 at the end of our lesson and whoa. He got SO much out of it and told us that he was so excited to go and read more. 

an update on the others...

Curel and Derrick- Set a BCD for February 6th!!! We had a couple powerful lessons with them this week, and it has been SO cool to see them grow. Curel reads 2 or more chapters of the book of mormon EVERY NIGHT. He says it's addicting and he can't put it down. How awesome is that!? 

Johnnie- He is growing SO much. He is experiencing so many tender mercies and recognizes them all being from the gospel! 

We got in touch with a bunch of our less actives... finally.. and they are all pretty ready to come back. 

I can't even express how happy all these people make me! I really love that I get to have front row seats to watch the Atonement work in the lives of those around me. Nothing compares to it. 

This week I also cut two inches off of my hair! It was sad, but my hair was real sad looking so it had to happen. The cute sister that cut my hair was like "If you want my honest opinion... you probably need at the most, 5 inches cut off." Yep. That wasn't about to happen! So I settled for 2. First actual cut of the mission! It's about time! 

We had the privilege of watching the CES devotional this week, and whoa. It rocked my world. I felt like it was directed right at me. What a blessing it is to have the priesthood and their faithful wives leading this church under the direction of Jesus Christ! 

To end, I want to leave you with a part of the devotional that sent chills through my soul. 

"Now, as an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, I bless each one of you, as though I had my hands upon your heads, with the ability to become the True Millennial you were born to be. I bless you to have the desire and ability to learn your true identity and purpose, that you will expect and prepare to do “impossible” things, that you will be undaunted in your efforts to learn how to access the powers of heaven to help you solve your problems and answer your questions. And I bless you to follow the prophets with exactness, to feel peace in your heart as you do so. I bless you to know and feel how much the Lord loves you and how much confidence He has in you." -President Nelson

I am so grateful to be alive at this time of the world. Dark and scary it may be, but full of light our eyes will see. 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sister Holmes


 

No comments :

Post a Comment