Wk #67: The Power of the Priesthood

Alexa and Sister Bushnell celebrating their 15 month mark!
You guys. I am being SO blessed right now. Sacrifice and obedience truly bring the blessings of heaven, and that is something I am forever grateful for! 

A few weeks ago President Smith challenged us to double our current efforts. I accepted without delay, and have been working on that ever since. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, because we work so hard, but man. Miracles have been surrounding us ever since. I am grateful for an inspired mission president and wife!!!

Chick-Fil-A with Derek!
Derrick, Derek, Me, Derek and Darrick.... hahaha Only in the South!
We went to a world wide missionary training. You guys. IT WAS SO INTENSE! I learned SO much. I was on spiritual overload by the end of the two hours! We are definitely being prepared for battle! So many apostles and church leaders trained us. But one of my favorite things that was taught, and taught repeatedly, was that Faith is a principle of POWER and ACTION. 

We got a lot of really prepared investigators, but the high light of my week?
Remember Berkely, the golden referral that we got that had been studying Preach My Gospel? Yep. We set a Baptismal Date with her!!! AND her family and boyfriend will already be in town! She is getting baptized on February 13th, by her boyfriend that introduced her to the gospe! It was the most tender baptismal invitation I have ever experienced. The lesson was extremely powerful, and at the end, when we committed her, she started balling, and smiling, and laughing and gave us HUGE hugs and told us this was the best thing that has ever happened to her! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!! So we have three baptisms coming up here in the next few weeks! SUCH A HAPPY TIME OF LIFE!!

We have been able to teach so many incredible people this week!

Some other fun things of the week were:
We went to Chick-fil-a with our boy Derek! He is doing SO good. I just love him.
We blitzed TCC with two of our sisters. It was SO much fun! We love them so much. 
We went to sushi for lunch with someone from Sister Evans old area! And no, I did not eat the sushi.. terryaki chicken. :)
I hit 15 months! WHAT. 

Man. What a great life to be living. I truly am so happy, and so grateful, and so blessed. Thank you all for always loving me and supporting me! I feel your prayers EVERYDAY. 

To leave, Elder Andersen told each of us to keep the name of our Savior on our lips. Be ready to testify, to teach, to invite, and to thank. This is not just an invitation to missionaries, but an invitation to all members, worldwide. So, I challenge you to do the same. "“Wherever you are—in a bus, on the street, in a teaching situation, or in a home with a member, if you are ever unsure of what to say, speak of the Savior. Testify of Him. Speak of His doctrine, of faith in Him and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. This is your purpose. This is your charge.” 

I love this gospel. I testify of it's truthfulness. I testify that the Priesthood is real, and is very much so on this earth today. I had the opportunity to receive a Priesthood blessing, and I am truly grateful for worthy Priesthood holders to act as a mouthpiece for God. I testify that my Savior lives, and he loves, and he is with each one of us. 

I'm grateful to be a missionary, and I'm grateful to be a servant of the Lord. 

SO MUCH LOVE TO YOU!

Sister Holmes :)

No comments :

Post a Comment