Wk #68: LOVE one ANOTHER

Crepevine birthday dinner
Hello everybody!

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! It truly was the best birthday I have ever had. Heavenly Father spoiled me SO much! I literally got teary eyed multiple times because I was so happy... just like always, it was the BEST DAY OF THE YEAR!

This week was another one full of incredible miracles. The spirit is so strong on TCC and we have been blessed with so many incredibly prepared people!

Wednesday we had interviews with President Smith. Sister Evans and I agreed that interviews are like a holiday that happens multiple times a year! Those few minutes are so precious to me! I am eternally grateful for President Smith. He has had a profound influence on my life, and boy can I testify that I was called here partly for him! He is one of my greatest role models in this life. 

We had more amazing lessons this week with so many of our investigators! We saw Kaleel, Johnnie, Juliette, Alec, Christopher, Kimberly, Daniel, Willie, Berkley, Hunter and Curel and Derrick! All of those lessons were out of this world. How grateful I am to have the spirit as the teacher, because that produces MIRACLES! 

Curel and Derrick are getting SO excited for their baptism! They just glow every time they talk about it. They truly are some of the most incredible young men I have ever met. SUCH gentleman. One week from today they will be baptized members!!! HOW EXCITING! I just want it to be here already!

Berkley is also doing beyond great. She is so prepared, it blows my mind. She is getting super stoked for her baptism as well, and we are so excited to get to meet her boyfriend and family! Two weeks from today for her baptism!!!

We set another baptismal date with our investigator Hunter for the beginning of March! So, that was really exciting :) and he was extremely pumped about it! 

We got a few new AWESOME investigators this week as well! Seriously. Best week ever.

My birthday was so much fun! We had lessons EVERY HOUR OF THE DAY... AND THEY ALL CAME THROUGH!!!!!!!! That never happens!!! I saw all of my favorite people (not that I have favorites.....) and Sister Evans took me out to dinner at the Crepevine! I love that place. I recieved lots of letters and a few packages and it made my entire world. It was SUCH a happy day. Derek (our recent convert) drew me a picture of the Ogden Temple and gave it to me oun my birthday. It is phenomenal. One of the best gifts I have ever received! Plus, A ton of the people we work with somehow knew it was my birthday, so I got the sweetest phone calls too! I AM SO BLESSED!

We went on some more exchanges this week and laughed our little hearts out, and this morning we were able to help at a Mini MTC for the priests and laurels in the Tallahassee Stake! It was SO MUCH FUN. The MTC spirit was definitely there. It was such great experience! 

I know I say this so much, but I really am the happiest I have ever been. I finally feel like I know what I'm doing, my testimony is the strongest it has ever been, my desire and willingness to be obedient and diligent has reached a capacity I didn't know possible, and my love for this work has never been stronger. I'm so grateful I got to spend another birthday on the mission! God sent me hear to Earth 22 years ago this week to follow Him, and i'm so grateful I've been able to do that here in Florida.

To leave, I saw this on lds.org and LOVED it! 

A Primary kid shared with us this morning that "We can't do missionary work without being friends first." How true that statement is. The greatest commandment is to love one another as Jesus loves you! Try to show kindess in all that you do, be gentle and loving and deed and in thought. These are the things Jesus taught!

I challenge you to take the 14 day challenge to love one another! I am doing it right alongside you.

President Monson said, "We cannot truly love God if we do not love our fellow travelers on this mortal journey. Likewise, we cannot fully love our fellowmen if we do not love God, the Father of us all. The Apostle John tells us, “This commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” We are all spirit children of our Heavenly Father and, as such, are brothers and sisters. As we keep this truth in mind, loving all of God’s children will become easier. Actually, love is the very essence of the gospel, and Jesus Christ is our Exemplar. His life was a legacy of love...May we begin now, this very day, to express love to all of God’s children, whether they be our family members, our friends, mere acquaintances, or total strangers. As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.

Beyond comprehension, my brothers and sisters, is the love of God for us. Because of this love, He sent His Son, who loved us enough to give His life for us, that we might have eternal life. As we come to understand this incomparable gift, our hearts will be filled with love for our Eternal Father, for our Savior, and for all mankind. That such may be so is my earnest prayer in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I love you all with everything that I am! 

Sister Holmes :) 

(picture- Crepevine birthday dinner!)

Birthday fun
Spoiled birthday girl!
Tired birthday girl!
Temple picture drawn by Derek, given to Lexa for her birthday
Throwback to a couple weeks ago
another random picture by the coach....
picture taken by one of the FAMU football coaches
One of the FAMU football coaches was feeling photogenic!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment