Wk #20: There is Sunshine in my Soul Today!

Wow! (I think I start 90% of my emails home with that word..) WHAT A WEEK! I've said it so many times, but I'll say it again. I have never been happier than I am right now.

We taught sweet Archie four times last week, he gave away the rest of his coffee and his tea, he came to church, got a blessing, and is doing SO GOOD! He is a completely different man. So, so happy and full of the Light of Christ. Sister Rohwer and I can't talk about Archie and Karen without crying our little eyes out. Tears of happiness and gratitude, or tears because we are laughing so hard at the funny things that come out of his mouth. Always tears. This has been one of the most life changing experiences for me to be apart of. What a BEAUTIFUL thing the gospel is! I feel so inadequate, but highly honored to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ everyday. What an opportunity. Archie's baptism is still on for the 14th, and we couldn't be more excited! They announced it in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and he was grinnin ear to ear. Melted my heart. I may or may not have to play the piano at his baptism ( -__- hhheellllppp ) but.. I'd do anything for that sweet man!

It was cold cold cold this week! I was wearing my big green snow coat, and sweat pants under my skirt once again bikin my little heart out! It was awesome! Painful, but awesome! It's finally 75* here and gettin humid, so we are all happy!

Sister Rohwer and I doing so great, and loving every minute of our mission together. We laugh and laugh and help each other so much. I've been blessed with an extraordinary companion and life long friend. Missions are the best!

I don't have too much more to report on, but I want to leave ya with a scripture! Alma 5:14-16. Are we doing all we can to serve the Lord? Are we doing all we can to learn and to grow, to help those around us, to do good? I challenge ya'll to do a self check and see how you can improve and grow in any way. I know that as Sister Rowher and I have done this, both individually and as a companionship, we have received blessing after blessing. The Savior's hand is ALWAYS extended. No matter how far away you feel. Strive to move forward, and take the hand of those around you.

I love you all, and I am SO grateful for all the sweet emails and letters I get. There are no words to express how happy they make me!

Love from the South,

Sister Holmes :)

ps-I didn't take any pictures this week! :(

No comments :

Post a Comment