Wk #24: It's CONFERENCE TIME!

What the Monday! I can't believe it is here once again! Time is a flyin right on by! Not a whole lot happened this week. We had all but one appointment fall through. ALL BUT ONE. And they all cancelled an hour before. It was a little frustrating, but we made it into an adventure and ended up having the time of our lives! We ended up sharing the gospel with SO MANY PEOPLE on the streets of Panama City!! We were LOVIN it!!! We rode our bikes along the shoreline, and the weather was perfect! A little humid, but I'm not complainin because I know that in a month I'm gonna want to die. haha

Archie is doing awesome! It finally got a white shirt and tie and wore them to church and looked so handsome! We just love him. He also was asked to say the closing prayer in Sunday School and as soon as they asked him he turned, looked at us, put his fist out for a fist bump, and grinned his "million dollar" toothless grin! He was so honored. haha What a guy!

Walt is also doing AMAZING! He has a baptismal date set for July 11th and he is going to be ready FAR before that, so we are hoping to change it! He has the strongest testimony. He came from a non-religious background and a very dark past, and here he is. A COMPLETELY changed man who turns to the scriptures for ANY situation. We are SO honored to work with him!!

We haven't been able to see little Jazzanae as much as we'd like to, but her baptism is still set for the 18th of April. We are HOPING to move it to the 11th, but we'll see how that goes!

I was able to go to the General Women's Meeting on Saturday night, and wow. I didn't want it to ever end! I've always watched it from home, or there in the conference center. But to be across the country, watching with the Sisters here in Florida, a whole new spirit filled my heart as I came to realize how incredible this day and age is in the gospel. I hope all you pretty ladies were able to watch it, and if you weren't, here is the link so you can!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?cid=HP_SA_3-28-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

We also had quite the amazing Sabbath day yesterday. Sister Rohwer and I both needed to hear exactly what was taught for our companionship and the work here in Callaway. We've been so overwhelmed with personal revelation and answers to prayers that we are just so grateful.

I want to share a scripture with ya'll that I came across in my studies this morning. It is in 3 Nephi 6:20, and it says "And there began to be men inspired from heaven and sent forth, standing among the people in all the land, preaching and testifying boldly of the sins and iniquities of the people, and testifying unto them concerning the redemption which the Lord would make for his people, or in other words, the resurrection of Christ; and they did testify boldly of his death and sufferings."

As we approach this conference season, how truly grateful we should be to have men inspired from heaven, to testify boldly of our Savior Jesus Christ. We have a worthy Prophet who loves us, who prays for us, and who shows us the way to be like our Savior. We have apostles who teach us, who live the gospel, who encourage us to live righteously. We have many other leaders in the church who are true examples and disciples of our Savior. What a blessing to be led by worthy, valiant, soldiers of the Lord!

I just want to leave you with my testimony today on my Savior. I know Him, I love Him, and I am deeply honored to represent Him for 18 months of my life. I'm grateful for the atoning sacrifice that he paid so that I could return to live with my divine Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the Resurrection, for the knowledge that He lives. I'm forever grateful for the resources that Heavenly Father has given to us to learn and grown and help one another. In Matthew 25:31-40 we learn that we will be judged for our actions here on earth. Like Elder Holland, I too would like to be caught in the act of something good, of something Christlike and in the middle of sharing the gospel when the Savior comes again. I encourage you to watch this video "Because He Lives" and with a prayerful heart recognize the eternal significance of Easter.

I love you all, and I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!

Love from the heart of the South,
Sister Holmes :)

No comments :

Post a Comment